SoundBody Therapy (SBT) is about accessing the 3 dimensional body by Sensing the Flesh, Bones and Space of your anatomy. SBT is about engaging the body thru the sensory nervous system and about relationships between parts so they can re-integrate into the whole.
CMTBC – 14 CEC credits for Cycle 12 ( practical/theory) Bisia Belina RMT
SBT is based on taking cues from a variety of mapping systems that inform the therapist on what type of treatment can follow. Maps to wholeness allow you to see and feel the pattern of constrictions and from there provide the ‘fulcrums’ that help the body self-adjust and find balance. Working with bones and spaces allows you to re-set the proprioceptors and de-stress the strains and pulls in the muscular system . By doing so you can access a local area of complaint with less effort , you can work deeper and more efficiently and integrate the ‘part to the whole’
Whole Body Mapping Systems include:
- Anatomical Lines and Planes
- Neuro-vascular and Neuro-lymphatic Points
- Myofascial Tracts
- Meridian Lines
- Polarity Gravity Lines
- Lines of Force
SBT’s methodology is based on a 2/3 point hold protocol that is easily incorporated into treatments
NEXT 2-DAY COURSE:
Date: Saturday, September 26 & Sunday, September 27, 2020
Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: 4 Corners Community Collective (1508 Haultain St, Victoria, BC V8R 2K2)
Cost: (All prices include GST)
- Regular = $460 (Registration & payment deadline is September 1, 2020)
- Early Bird = $435 (Registration & payment deadline August 1, 2020)
- Repeat Students = $425 (Registration & payment deadline is September 1, 2020. Repeat students are eligible for full course credits)
- Remit E-transfers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remit cheques to: Bisia Belina 3180 Jackson St Victoria BC V8X 1E3
Course registration may be canceled in writing prior to September 15, 2020. All payments made will be reimbursed, minus a $75 administration fee.
Cancellations after September 15, 2020 payment will not be refunded (except for in emergency circumstances).
Registration: All potential students should connect with Bisia Belina prior to registering to confirm the course is a good fit for your needs and practice.
To register contact Bisia Belina at email@example.com or call/text 250-384-1133
More about SoundBody Therapy…
Fundamentals that you know already:
- Access the body through the Nervous System, specifically the sensory and the proprioceptors
- Work distally to the area of complaint
- Work above and below the area of complaint
- Work superficial to deep
- Work with bones and spaces to reset the proprioceptors and de-stress the muscular system
- Integrate often to reconnect parts to whole
Methodology involves accessing and connecting the 3-dimensional body through:
- Flesh, Bones and Space routines (Body Wash)
- Bilateral palpation which allows for comparison between sides and informs which Mapping system gives primary access
- Method: Stationary and moving hands
- Alignment relationships using 2 point / 3point holds to access
- Lines and Triangles and Diamond Weave
- Pattern, Arcs, Domes and Crossovers
Participants will be Sensing and Landmarking their own anatomy before they apply the principles and observations learned on their partners or clients.
This learning then becomes a method for therapists to self-treat as well as a possible home care system for their patients
By the end of this 2-day course the therapist will be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify and work with four diverse whole body-mapping systems.
- Work with less effort to achieve a positive result with less resistance from the patient.
- Improve assessment time.
- Re-integrate an injured part back into the whole
- Re-integrate all parts of the body into the whole.
- Identify and work therapeutically with the 3 dimensional body.
- Affect alignment, balance, weight distribution and increase breath capacity.
- Stay curious as they work and engage their patient’s ability to sense changes as they take place.
- Apply techniques for therapist self care and to teach patients for home care.
- Release holding patterns in the body using very gentle and effective techniques.
To book a SoundBody Therapy Workshop contact Bisia Belina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.384.1133.
Bisia Belina (Bio)
Bisia Belina is a Registered Massage Therapist that has operated a successful private practice since 1986. Her formal studies and personal observations have resulted in this protocol of SoundBody Therapy. She has developed a system for self care for her clients and students that is accessible, repeatable and effective in managing discomfort and pain. SBT is a culmination of the insights over a 30-year active practice. These insights have coalesced into a form, a transferrable and repeatable pattern, that merges well with other protocols of treatment. In 1998 Bisia founded SoundBody Studio where she teaches body awareness courses and voice and movement fusion classes and workshops.
“I participated in both Bisia’s SoundBody Therapy course and Sensing Anatomy workshop. Both the class and workshop focused on bone and joint spaces, which are our deepest and most sensitive bits. I found the Sensing Anatomy Workshop, where we worked mostly on our own bodies, to be a great reinforcement of the 2-day SoundBody Therapy course for RMTs. My massage therapy training taught us not to stray from the soft tissues. All my courses since have taught gentle movement of bones and joints; the perfect complement. Bisia adds a simpler possibility and that is to FEEL. Feel the edges of the bones, feel the joint spaces, follow them gently, move the joints gently. The RMT course was more technical, but this modified very well to self treatment in the Sensing Anatomy session for everyone. Both courses heightened anatomical awareness and helped restricted and troubled areas to release. Since it is so difficult to be active and passive at the same time, it is particularly useful to have a self treatment modality that does not involve applying pressure.
Many thanks, Bisia!”
~ Lilija Gulbis RMT
In the SoundBodyTherapy two-day workshop, I was delighted with the explorative and effortless nature of this therapy. Explorative because it uses combinations of various modalities and body maps to assess and affect release, either by working directly on the area concerned or with its connections. Effortless because the amount of pressure and the length of time required to create a release is on the lesser side compared to many other therapies. Over time SBT also heightens one’s intuitive sense in knowing which modality to employ and where to go to in the body. Because this is my second time doing this course, I could really feel this quality deepening in me. It’s also great for self-care!
~ Regina Wende
Thank you again for such a great course! I noted that my lower leg muscles were over taking bone, but found it fascinating to feel how quickly treatment started to change that. Within minutes my hip joints went from not moving freely to moving with ease and separate from my spine.I was impressed with how mobile and bouncy my fascia felt. I was moving with more fluidity and ease all around. No pain in my sternoclavicular joints while doing planks etc. Integrating this technique into my practice so far has been great. Excited to see how my clients do and their opinions.
~ Tassa Medynski