SoundBody Therapy is a distinctive method of massage therapy developed by Bisia Belina.
Please note: SoundBody Therapy has been approved by the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC) for Continuing Education Credits (CEC) for Cycle 11 (November 1, 2016 to October 31, 2018). (14PE).
Professional Development training is available throughout the year for:
- Registered Massage Therapists
- Yoga/Pilates/Fitness Instructors
- Community Health & Wellness Workshops
FALL 2018 TRAINING
What: SoundBody Therapy 2-Day Workshop
Where: West Coast Collage of Massage Therapists – Victoria
When: Saturday, September 22 & Sunday, September 23, 2018 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Cost: $420 (includes GST)
Details: For more information on where and how to register to attend this Workshop contact Bisia Belina at email@example.com or 250.384.1133.
SoundBody Therapy 2-Day Workshop
SoundBody Therapy training has been approved by the College of Massage Therapists of B.C. for Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s) for Registered Massage Therapists.
- SoundBody Therapy is a treatment protocol for registered massage therapists. This workshop is experiential, informative and easily incorporated into other treatment protocols.
- It is a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands on practice.
- Props, including a skeleton, are used to help therapists get a felt sense of the whole body structure (bones and space) and to reset muscle tone.
- SoundBody Therapy is also a ‘self-care’ management system that is repeatable and effective. It is easily taught to patients, empowering them to understand their body, their pain and have the tools to address its imbalances. The community wellness workshops are called: Sensing Anatomy: Flesh, Bones and Space (3 hour workshops).
- Whole Body Mapping sourced from 4 different systems – myofascial, meridian, polarity gravity lines and neurovascular and neurolymphatic points.
- SoundBody Therapy: Sensing Anatomy: Bones, Space, Flesh. Hands-on strategies for assessment and treatment – landmarking bones and the spaces between them: upper and lower limbs, torso, pelvis, head and neck, jaw, teeth and gums.
- Therapeutic application of these entry points on self and with a partner will be experienced, learned and repeated sitting, standing and lying.
- SoundBody Therapy Techniques:
- 2 point holding system for treatment.
- Bilateral palpation for comparison helps therapist decide which system is most efficient for beginning the treatment.
- 3 dimensional form: Whole body relationships – arcs, triangles, lines domes, bowls and weight.
By the end of this 2-day course the therapist will be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify and work with four diverse whole body-mapping systems.
- Work with less effort to achieve a positive result with less resistance from the patient.
- Improve assessment time.
- Re-integrate an injured part back into the whole
- Re-integrate all parts of the body into the whole.
- Identify and work therapeutically with the 3 dimensional body.
- Affect alignment, balance, weight distribution and increase breath capacity.
- Stay curious as they work and engage their patient’s ability to sense changes as they take place.
- Apply techniques for therapist self care and to teach patients for home care.
- Release holding patterns in the body using very gentle and effective techniques.
To book a SoundBody Therapy Workshop contact Bisia Belina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.384.1133.
The next SoundBody Therapy Training session will take place in Spring 2018. For details visit our Schedule Page or contact Bisia to discuss.